What is Metabolic Typing®?
Metabolic Typing® is a scientific approach to health that carefully looks at your unique digestive system and recommends the specific foods and supplements that support your metabolism. This program can help you stabilize your weight and improve your overall health and energy.
Metabolic Typing® is based on the principle that everyone responds to different foods based on their genetic make-up. This make-up determines whether we simply convert the foods we eat into the energy we need, or does our hormonal system step into the process and change how we deal with those foods. No one knows why these different Metabolic Types® evolved, but it was probably due to the conditions that our various ancestors encountered in their quest for survival many thousands of years ago.
The results of your clinical testing disclose your unique Metabolic Type and how your body actually responds to different foods.
Metabolic Type® - Patterns of metabolic and biochemical individuality expressed through external and internal physiological and psychological traits, strengths and weaknesses that dictate specific reactions to foods and nutrients and thereby define individual nutritional requirements.
Metabolic Typing® - The specific, proprietary, systematic, testable, repeatable and verifiable means of determining one's unique Metabolic Type®.
[Note: Metabolic Type and Metabolic Typing are Registered Trademarks of Healthexcel, the originator and world's leading authority on Metabolic Typing and customized nutrition.]
What Can You Expect from Your Customized Diet Program?
- Sustain energy, endurance and vitality
- Maintain an ideal weight that's right for you
- Improved Digestion and Detoxification
- Mood Stability
- Strengthened Immune System
- Enhanced Athletic Performance
- Improved Libido
- Eliminate sugar cravings
- Restore emotional balance and mental clarity
- Reduce abdominal bloating, pain and gas
(back to top of page)
You can sign up for your Advanced Metabolic Typing testing and coaching packages by calling 517-223-9900 or emailing us at DrRose@BenjaminChiropractic.com. We will collect your contact information so we may send out your health information intake and program registration forms to begin your personalized health building program!
Eat a Diet That is Right for Your Metabolic Type®
No One Diet is Right for Everyone
Eating a meal that is right for your metabolic type will improve your energy, increase your mental capacities, and boost your emotional well-being. Each meal should leave you feeling well-satisfied for several hours. If you are already feeling good, eating should, at the very least, help to maintain your energy level. But if you feel worse in some way an hour or so after eating, such as:
- You still feel hungry even though you are physically full
- You develop a sweet craving
- Your energy level drops
- You feel hyper, nervous, angry or irritable
- You feel depressed
Then it might be due to an improper combination of proteins, fats and carbohydrates at your last meal. You might be eating the perfect foods for your metabolism, but having too much of one type of food in place of another can easily produce the symptoms listed above.
About Starting Metabolic Typing:
Take the Advanced Online Metabolic Typing test. Results normally emailed to you within 3-5 days. You receive everything you need to start using diet right away, including your Metabolic Typing Diet Report, Your MT Diet, Using Your Diet Guide, Diet Check Record Sheets, plus an in office or phone/Skype consultation with Dr. Benjamin your Certified Advanced Metabolic Typing Advisor.
An authorized link will be sent to you. You can complete your test at home on your computer when it is convenient for your schedule.
ADVANCED METABOLIC TYPE TESTING
Metabolic Typing is the scientific determination of your individual metabolic needs for optimal energy, health, performance, weight management, and emotional well being.
Metabolic Typing® is a computer-based health building program that is designed specifically for each individual. One size fits all diets do not work. Your body responds uniquely to food based on genetics, biochemical make-up, family history and your own interaction with the environment.
Metabolic Typing® is derived from scientific methods developed from studying the major body control systems. These systems have been researched and have progressed over the past 70 years to our present program created by Bill Wolcott (Author of The Metabolic Typing Diet) Metabolic Typing® puts an end to the confusion about what diet is for you. When you begin to eat right for your type, your metabolism will move towards balance. As you do that, your body will be producing energy more efficiently from foods that you depend on for your body's fuel. You will begin to experience the following on a Metabolic Typing® program:
- Improved energy
- No cravings
- No hunger between meals
- Satisfaction from meals
- Greater mental clarity
- Positive state of mind
Metabolic Typing Test and Results -
- Online Advanced Metabolic Typing test
- Metabolic Type test Results Report
- Metabolic Type Diet Plan
- Using Your Diet Plan
- Metabolic Typing Cookbook
- Supplement Recommendations for your unique MT diet
- Results Session to go over your plan. Conducted in office or via phone or Skype.
You'll also receive:
- Food List - A color coded list of foods that specifically maps out the exact foods that are optimal for your individual Metabolic Type.
- Metabolic Typing Guide - This will explain your results in detail and help get you started on your diet. The Metabolic Typing Guide includes:
- Metabolic Typing Assessment Results
- Metabolic Type Diet Recommendations
- Metabolic Type Supplement Recommendations
- Your Specific Lifestyle Recommendations
- Fine Tuning Guide - This guide will offer additional resources to help you further customize your diet according to your Metabolic Type and determine optimal macro-nutrient ratios for your individual needs.
- Diet Check Record and Food Symptom Journal - These documents are used to help you recognize how your meals are affecting you, eliminate food cravings, and achieve optimal results. These tools will be used during the weekly consultations.
- Shopping Guide and Cooking Guide - These documents will assist you when grocery shopping and specifically show you how and why some foods need to be prepared a certain way.
- Blocking Factor Checklist - To help identify and eliminate other lifestyle factors that may be interfering with the success of your Metabolic Typing diet.
- Program Enhancers Checklist - To help you identify and eliminate environmental factors that may be interfering with the success of your Metabolic Typing diet.
THE INFLUENCE OF DIET ON HEALTH DEPENDS ON AN INDIVIDUAL'S GENETIC MAKEUP AND METABOLISM?
According to a 2003 article published in the New York Times, unless a precisely tailored diet is employed, diet choices can cause gene expressions that nudge us toward chronic illness.
We all know by now that what we eat is utterly important. But what most people don't know is that each of us has unique nutritional needs. Unfortunately, the USDA Food Pyramid lumps us all into one big category, without taking into consideration that we all have different genetics and metabolic rates, and require specific diets to match our coding. As it's been said, "one mans food is another mans poison".
Metabolic Typing®, on the other hand, treats diet on an individual basis, depending upon a person's metabolism, lifestyle and current health conditions. This approach goes beyond "mass market" nutrition. It's for dedicated people who are serious about taking the reigns to their health, and who want to see long-term results, not quick, dead end solutions.
In his book, The Metabolic Typing Diet, William Wolcott lists case after case of patients who were eating healthy foods, but who were still suffering from chronic diseases, digestive issues and fatigue. After putting these people on their patient-specific diets, their symptoms faded and health returned. Most notably, they were able to maintain that level of well being long-term, not for just a few months.